Ninety-two percent of dogs and cats will experience an emergency during their life-time. Do you know what to do to help your four-legged friend? My friend Denise Fleck of Sunny-Dog INKknows what to do, and she wants to share it with you!
Her PET FIRST-AID & CPR CLASS will be offered at Veterinary Medical & Surgical Group (2199 Sperry Avenue – Ventura 93003) on Sunday, March 8th, 2009 from 10:00am – 3:00pm.
Cost is $55 per person with a portion of the proceeds benefittingThe Humane Society of Ventura County. Fee includes class tuition, handbook, certificate and wallet card for each student.
Skills are taught through lecture, demonstration and hands-on practice.
- Muzzling and Safe Approach of a sick or injured animal
- How to Find Your Pet’s Pulse, Respiration, Capillary Refill Time & Hydration
- Rescue Breathing & CPR
- Bandaging & Splinting Techniques
- How to handle Snake Bites, Bee Stings, Tick Removal
- How to Administer Medications
- Using the items in your Pet First-Aid Kit
Conditions covered include:
- Electric Shock
- Heat Stroke
Denise will also cover such topics as:
- The importance of developing a GOOD RELATIONSHIP with your VETERINARIAN
- How to take a more active role in your dog or cat’s health & care
- Ten Situations that require IMMEDIATE Veterinary Care
- An Introduction to Disaster Preparedness
Hopefully you’ll never need to use these fine skills, but it will be great to have them handy, just in case!!! Be prepared!