Why Choose a Dog Harness?
There are several good reasons you might choose a dog harness over a collar for attaching the leash on walks and adventures with your dog. Dogs who pull while wearing a collar can put pressure on their necks, potentially injuring sensitive structures of the spine, throat and neck area. Even without an injury, pressure on these structures can be uncomfortable for your inquisitive canine companion. In addition, dogs can easily slip out of collars that aren’t fitted properly, which is dangerous for them and you. A great way to overcome these issues is a properly fitting dog harness.
Which dog harness should you choose?
So, how do you find the best dog walking harness? And how do you choose the right product for your pet? It can be difficult to find the right product when there are so many options available. It’s important to pick one that is easy for you to use but also comfortable for your dog. Beyond that, choosing a harness with multiple adjustable straps will help you create the right fit for your pup. The amount of dog gear for sale can make a pet parent’s head spin! But, hang in there.
After years of working with dogs and their humans as a certified professional dog trainer and behavior specialist, and seeing the frustrations they experienced with other products, I developed the Happy Harness.
The Happy Harness:
- Does a great job of preventing chafing, because the patented design prevents the straps from moving around against your dog’s skin, especially in sensitive areas like behind the legs and belly.
- Is easy for people to put on and take off their dogs, so you’re always ready for an adventure together.
- Has two possible leash attachment points: The front clip helps prevent pulling for those dogs who are just too excited to get where they’re going, while the back clip gives you a more traditional connection point that keeps the leash clear of your dog’s front legs on hikes or other outdoor adventures.
- Is easy to adjust for a custom fit.
- Is water-friendly, allowing your dog to be an inquisitive canine!
- Is built to last.
- Has a nifty handle on the harness to help with dog sports and for those times you need to keep your dog close.
- Was thoughtfully developed by a certified professional force-free trainer and devoted pet parent.
Dog harness shopping can be overwhelming. Do your research, read reviews, and learn everything you can about the products that interest you. Your canine companion will thank you. Here’s to harnessing happiness with your inquisitive canine!