Local Dog Training Classes
Learn with local dog people in a fun classroom setting.
Our local dog training classes, taught by professional dog trainer Joan Hunter Mayer, are designed to be a rewarding experience for both you and your dog, where you’ll learn pawsitive and nurturing ways to reinforce the behaviors you want more of, while limiting the ones you don’t.
Classes range from pet parents only — like Pawsitive Parenting and Before You Adopt — to those you attend with your canine companion to develop skills for everyday situations in a fun way. We also offer custom classes for those wanting to organize their own group of friends.
Our classes include:
- Easy-to-replicate techniques to motivate dogs to want to learn
- Intimate classes that allow personal attention to individual needs
- Complimentary take-home materials custom to your training goals
- Customizable lessons for beginners and those building on skills
- Surefire problem-solving takeaways for everyday situations
You may check our Events calendar for class listings and details. Have immediate questions? Want to organize a custom class? Feel free to contact us directly.